Saturday 1 January 2011

2011 Films!


It's 2011. And that means a whole new year with lots and lots and lots of films to watch. So here is my list of the announced titles I found interesting. Enjoy.


Will be good, no matter what-



1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2- It’s ending *a happy sniff*. The series which made me who I am, and defined my whole generation comes to an end this year. Biggest cinematic event ever.

2. The Green Hornet- Seth Rogen, Christoph Waltz and Jay Chou in a Michel Gondry film. And have you seen the trailer? It’s epic!!
3. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo- David Fincher <3. Rooney Mara in one of the most coveted roles in recent cinematic history, and Daniel Craig too. Let’s hope the credits would say- from the Oscar-winning director of The Social Network.

4. The Ides of March- George Clooney’s political Drama, starring Ryan Gosling, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Chris Pine, Paul Giamatti and Marisa Tomei. *shudders with joy*

5. X Men: First Class- Starring the two men who I predict will rule the film charts this year- James McAvoy as young Proffesor X and Michael Fassbender as young Magneto.

6. Fright Night- Anton Yelchin starring as a popular high school boy whose new neighbor is a vampire, played by Colin Farrell. Cool or what? It also stars Doctor Who’s David Tennant and Mclovin!

7. Your Highness- From the creators of Pineapple Express, stars James Franco and Natalie Portman. ‘Nuff said.

8. A Dangerous Method- A story about Sigmund Fred and Carl Jung. Starring Michael Fassbender, Viggo Mortensen, Keira Knightley and Vincent Cassel. Such a good feeling about this film!

9. Restless- Gus Van Sant’s romantic drama that looks an awful lot like Harold and Maude.

10. Sherlock Holmes 2- RDJ, Jude Law, Stephen Fry, Rachael McAdams and Guy Ritchie. Gah, the awesomeness!

11. Hop- Russel Brand playing an animated rabbit!! I just died of excitement.

12. Rango- Johnny Depp playing an animated chameleon, directed by Gore Verbinsky. Same reaction as above.

13. The Tree of Life- The trailer is just beautiful. Terrence Mallick’s drama starring Brad Pitt and Sean Penn.

14. Super 8- The damned teaser trailer had me at the edge of my seat. All I know is that it has Elle Fanning and made by J.J. Abrams.

15. Beginners- The plot summary had me rolling with excitement. Starring the lovely Ewan McGregor, Christopher Plummer and Melanie “Shosanna” Laurent.

16. Hesher- Joseph Gordon-Levitt looking like a bum, and Natalie Portman. Oooh.

17. Crazy, Stupid, Love- Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling in one film!

18. The Three Musketeers- Oh just the cast is making me earthquake. Logan Lerman, Matthew Mcfayden, Orlando Bloom and best of all, Christoph Waltz.

19. Arthur Christmas- Animated film about Santa’s misfit son with voices of James McAvoy, Hugh Laurie, Bill Nighy and Jim Broadbent.

20. The Rum Diary- Johnny Depp’s much anticipated role.






Really hope that they’ll be good, but have a bad feeling that they might suck-


1. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides- I don’t know. I can’t help it. The trailer looks too much and Rob Marshall is a bit dramatic.

2. Hangover 2- It’s just so hard to match up to the first part, especially because it is a comedy. I think they’re gonna fail.

3. The Beaver- It looks interesting and I love Jodie Foster, but Mel Gibson’s kinda nuts.

4. On The Road- Adapting a book like this, with so much cultural influence, seems pretty impossible. And I just cannot see Garrett Hedlund and Kristen Stewart as Dean Moriarty and Marylou.

5. Transformers: Dark of the Moon- The teaser trailer was plain awful. The new female lead seems dismal. I don’t know how Michael Bay and Shia Labeouf are going to pick it up from the slightly bad Transformers 2.

6. Paul- I really want this to rock, especially because of the Shaun of the Dead team and Greg Mottola of Superbad and Adventureland, but the trailer looks really random.

7. Jane Eyre- Again, adapting a book like this, and that too in a two-hour film. It has Michael Fassbender, Mia Wasikowska, Jamie Bell and Dame Judy Dench though.

8. Captain America: The First Avenger- I don’t like the superhero. But I have faith in Chris Evans.

9. Water for Elephants- The trailer looks boring, but I know the plot, which is infinitely interesting. This film is resting on my faith in Christoph Waltz.

10. Bel Ami- Again, I have very less faith in Robert Pattinson, and Uma Thurman out of Tarantino films. But the plot’s super sexy.

11. The Wolverine- Darren Aronofsky is going to make it. It’s definitely gonna be a love-it-or-hate-it film.

12. Thor- Once again I don’t like the superhero or Chris Hemsworth. Natalie Portman might save it.

13. Red Riding Hood- It looks cool and has Amanda Seyfried and Gary Oldman and a couple of really hot guys, but it’s made by the director of Twilight and may suck, big time.






Films that I’m pretty sure will suck so bad, that it’ll become a necessity to see them-


1. Sucker Punch- What is going on in Zach Snyder’s head? The trailer looks retarded.

2. Green Lantern- Oh look, Ryan Reynolds is Ben 10!

3. I Am Number Four- See below.

4. Beastly- Alex Pettyfer is the oddest leading man in Hollywood. He cannot act, has never delivered a hit film, but keeps getting roles, just because he is smoking hot. Kind of excited about Diana Argon, NPH and Mary-Kate Olsen though. ( Considering both films)

5. Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World- What? Why? Stop!

6. Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn- No comments

7. Cowboys and Aliens- It looks mental, but it has cult hit written all over.

8. Season of the Witch- Nicholas Cage- what happened to your Adaptation days?

9. The Apparition- It has some dumb plot, but it also has Tom “Malfoy” Felton.

10. From Prada to Nada- HAHAHAHA…look at the name.

 


Other films I am looking forward to- (I’m just going to comment on a few)


1. No Strings Attached- Super-duper hot.

2. Waiting For Forever- It’s finally going to come out.

3. The Rite

4. The Way Back

5. London Boulevard

6. The Eagle

7. Limitless

8. The Smurfs- One of my most favourite cartoons of all time.

9. Friends with Benefits

10. Zookeeper

11. 30 Minutes or Less

12. The Conspirator

13. The Dilemma

14. The Help

15. Drive- Can’t wait. Ryan Gosling and Carey Mulligan.

16. Anonymous- Fantastic concept about a man who actually wrote all of Shakespeare’s stuff. Starring Rhys Ifans.

17. Dream House

18. Contagion- What a cast- Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Marion Cotillard, Matt Damon, Gwyneth Paltrow and Lawrence Fishburn.

19. Wanderlust

20. Puss in Boots- Better be good. Shrek Forevere After left a bad taste in my mouth.

21. Happy Feet 2- Yaaay! And it has Brad Pitt. I do not approve of the 3-D thing though.

22. Gnomeo and Juliet- James McAvoy, in another animated film which is about rival garden gnomes.

23. The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made

24. Hugo Cabret- Martin Scorcese’s next.

25. Rio

26. Hanna

27. Haywire

28. What’s Your Number?

29. Rise of the Apes

30. Cars 2

31. Kung Fu Panda 2

32. One Day- I swear I’d thought of this story atleast 3 years ago.

33. This Means War- Oh so epic- Chris Pine and Tom Hardy fighting over Reese Witherspoon.

34. My Week with Marilyn- Emma Watson’s new flick, with Michelle Williams as the gorgeous Marilyn Monroe.

35. My Idiot Brother- Paul Rudd starrer, have a really good feeling about it.

36. We Bought a Zoo

37. Midnight in Paris- Woody Allen’s next with Marion Cotillard, Michael Sheen and Rachel McAdams.

38. Arthur- Russel Brand and Helen Mirren in one film!

39. Melancholia

40. Mars Needs Moms


Films I might watch, but no pressure really-


1. Immortals- Sounds an awful lot like the terrible Clash of the Titans.

2. New Year’s Eve- As much as I love him, Garry Marshall should learn from his previous mistakes (Valentine’s Day)

3. Mission: Impossible- Ghost Protocol- What a gay name. Why is Brad Bird making it?

4. Just Go With It- Stolen from a Hindi film.

5. Perks of Being a Wallflower- Whatever happened to it starring Logan Lerman and Emma Watson. I fail you.

6. Wanted 2- The first one was way too OTT.

7. Scream 4- Bleh.

8. Fast Five- Seriously STOP.

9. Big Momma’s: Like Father like Son- *gagging from the bile rising in my throat*

10. Source Code- Again bleh, even though it stars Jake Gyllenhaal.

11. Final Destination 5- The summary reads, “The fifth installment of the franchise in which teens escape a deadly accident only to later discover that death is hunting them down.” We’ve already seen this for the first 500 installments. Enough is enough.






What films are you excited about?

1 comment:

  1. That is an extremely comprehensive list - I can't wait for Tree of Life, the trailer was just - ...I can't find words, I was watching with my mouth hanging open!

    I might go see Red Riding Hood, but it looks exactly like Twilight (Hardwicke, no surprise there) and I will be very annoyed if it is.

    Jane Eyre, I'm being timidly excited about - it could be a disaster but I really want it to be good. I thought Source Code looked alright actually! haha. And Hanna looks awesome to. And pretty much everything in your 'Will be good, no matter what' section haha.

    Also, Rango. I'm done now.

    ReplyDelete