Wednesday 25 May 2011

15 Movie Questions Meme

So there is a 15 Movie Questions Meme that has been started by Anna from Defiant Success. It's very interesting, and got me thinking. Here's what I came up with:

1) Movie you love with a passion.
The Harry Potter Series- Is it any surprise? I owe my life to these films... I would've never fallen in love with films if it wasn't for them. Not because they are the greatest films ever, but because they fill my life with magic and wonder.

2) Movie you vow to never watch.
The Last Song- It's a film based on a Nicholas Sparks book starring Miley Cyrus. Give me all the Twilights and all the Biebers, but save me from this worst kind of sapfest.

3) Movie that literally left you speechless.
Pan's Labyrinth- Maybe it's because I was crying, but I could not find words to describe the emotions going through me when this ended. It was happiness, and sadness, and amazement, and just the beauty of Long, Long Time Ago wafting over me. I understand what those folks at Cannes felt.

4) Movie you always recommend.
Fight Club- Just to see the change in the person, that is bound to come after seeing this.

5) Actor/actress you always watch, no matter how crappy the movie.
Johnny Depp- Light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. He has me quoting Humbert Humbert for crying out loud!


6) Actor/actress you don't get the appeal for.

Russell Crowe- I just can't stand him for some reason. I think he's my anti-Depp. Yes he's a good actor blah blah blah... but I sort of really hate him.

7) Actor/actress, living or dead, you'd love to meet.
Woody Allen- I cheated! Well most of the people I want to meet are directors, but Woody acts too! I think it would be just so intellectually stimulating to meet him, even though he may think of me as an ignorant fool.
On the flipside, I would never want to meet Ryan Gosling, because I'll embarrass myself silly around him. He is just so sexy and has a very weird grip on me, I'm telling you...

8) Sexiest actor/actress you've seen.
Ryan Gosling- See above.


9) Dream Cast.
Streep, Depp, Blanchett, Garfield, Dunst, Tucci, Ronan and Radcliffe- Okay I know it's rather big, but I have actually thought of a weird story with all of them. I mean we have royalty, under-appreciated actors and the up-and-coming ones.
Maybe Tarantino can do something...a girl can dream, right?


10) Favourite actor pairing.
Richard Gere and Julia Roberts- I really though Kate and Leo will take this, but I love them more off-screen. But the way Gere and Roberts electrify the screen, it's quite something else.

11) Favorite movie setting.

Paris, France- I guess this would be a common thing. Audrey Hepburn said it was always a good idea, and from the New Wave to Moulin Rouge!, An American to Pink Panther, we all love the city of love. And we'll always have it.

12) Favourite decade for movies.
Sixties- Without any doubt. 'Twas a magical time. I still wish I lived then.

13) Chick flick or action movie?
Action movie- The success rates of both nowadays is low, but with the improved special effects, most action movies deliver enough.

14) Hero, villain or anti-hero?

Anti-heroes- Yes I love them, I love them, I love them! How many times more? I FUCKING LOVE ANTI-HEORES!!

15) Black and white or color?
Black and White- It reminds me of a quote from a book, about a character reminiscing the past:
"In those days, thought Mr. Fisher, we dreamed in colour, though films were in black and white, good always triumphed in the end, and only Americans spoke American."
In other words, there is something very right about black and white (that rhymed!).


Hope it was fun reading it as much as I had fun answering them.

1 comment:

  1. Great choices!

    I don't get the praise for Crowe either, I don't hate him but I fail to see why he's so great.

    And The Last Sing is definitely one I'll never watch, I was already unlucky enough to see the trailer.

    That's a pretty awesome dream cast you've got there, definitely one I would watch. I like the mix between veterans and new comers.

    ReplyDelete