Wednesday 12 December 2012

Thoughts

         Hello folks. It's 12/12/12 today which really does not have any significance but everyone seems to be going crazy about it. There are pregnant women who have scheduled their deliveries for today. Like how messed up is this world? Anyways, I know I have been too lazy to write this post for the past two weeks but I will make amends now. My thoughts, twelve in all because well duh-

1) Guess who crossed the 400 films mark for this year? Yippee!

2) Everyone, please join Stevee's totally brilliant blogathon. There are very few hours left, but you can do it! This is my entry.

3) Th e awards season is fully underway now, and very soon we will be getting the nominations for Golden Globes and Screen Actor's Guild. So far, many critics' groups have given their prizes. Ryan has compiled most of them and Squasher has all the Critics Choice Awards nominees. Zero Dark Thirty and Katherine Bigelow are clearly emerging as the frontrunners for Best Film and Best Director. Best Actor seems to be Daniel Day Lewis's thing, although Bradley Cooper is definitely getting a lot of momentum. I guess Best Actress will be between Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence and maybe even Emmanuelle Riva. Best Supporting Actor seems like an odd field this year as the prophesied winner, Leo Di Caprio for Django Unchained, is not getting that much attention and one of his biggest competitors is co-star Samuel L. Jackson (poor Leo). One sure winner though is going to be Anne Hathaway for Les Miserables in the Best Supporting Actress category. What I am really getting excited about is the inclusion of films like Beasts of the Southern Wild and The Perks of Being a Wallflower in these awards as they aren't very, for lack of a better term, "Oscar bait-y". Also Skyfall and nominations for Javier Bardem and Judy Dench in Critics Choice is kind of awesome.

4) Ugh Dane DeHaan will play Harry Osborn in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Another reason why I will have to see this monstrosity.

5) The Oscars music department has released all the eligible candidates for Best Original Score and Best Original Song. While what gets nominated is yet to be seen, but my favourite score of the year, i.e.,  Moonrise Kingdom by Alexandre Desplat is ineligible, so that sucks. Best Original Song looks quite good though, but yet again one of the best moments of 2012's films was "Who Were We" in Holy Motors and that is not eligible.

6) Cate Blanchett will play the Evil Stepmother in Mark Romanek's live action take on Cinderella. I love this. In spite of the recent fairy tale movie busts, Blanchett is a gorgeous villain (I even loved her in Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) and Romanek's Never Let Me Go is one of the most beautiful films I have ever seen. Also one of the front-runners to play Cinderella is her Hanna co-star Saoirse Ronan, so I really hope this happens.

7) I have seen Oldboy from the Vengeance trilogy, which I loved. Sympathy for Lady Vengeance is another film in the trilogy, and its Hollywood remake is being made with the amazing Charlize Theron as the lead. I am becoming quite the Theron fan now and I am super excited for this.

8) George Clooney's next film is going to be plenty awesome, as far as the cast is concerned. The Monuments Men will now have Clooney's buddy Matt Damon joining Cate Blanchett, Daniel Craig, Jean Dujardin, Bill Murray and John Goodman. The premise is very cool. It will be a WW2 drama based on a true story about a group of British and American art experts who have to track down some of the most valuable art works stolen by the Nazis.

9) Stoker has another sexily creepy poster out. I am getting really impatient to watch this film now. Also the first picture of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is out. It's so sparkly. To be honest, this will be the Hobbit movie I want to watch the most because it is using the best asset of Benedict Cumberbatch- his god-like voice *swoon*.

10) Oh btw, how do you like the Christmas banner? Wasn't Winona the prettiest?

11) Trailers- Oblivion starring Tom Cruise. It looks very bland to me. I so do not give a shit. I would say the same about The Lone Ranger except my loyalty to Johnny Depp forbids me to. But seriously dude, wtf? Kind of like Armie Hammer, however. A Bollywood trailer, Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola, is something I really want to watch because 1) Anushka Sharma, 2) Vishal Bharadwaj, 3) Imran Khan and 4) Pankaj Kapoor. Deadfall, which has Eric Bana, Olivia Wilde, Sissy Spacek and Kate Mara. I am a bit intrigued by it, to be honest. Especially because of the cast. After Earth is the new film from M. Night Shymalan starring Will Smith and Jaden Smith. I am not sure about it because it could be really interesting or really stupid. Remember when Jaden Smith was an adorable little kid? Why must they grow up? Man of Steel's first trailer is finally out, and well, I am not as buzzed about it as everyone else. I mean I will definitely watch it, but as Joker would say, "Why so serious?" I get it that this is following The Dark Knight trilogy's footsteps, but the grim tone actually suited someone like Batman. And this trailer is even less fun than the trilogy's trailers. Also I need more Amy Adams and Michael Shannon to get truly excited. A slightly happier second trailer, please? In TV land, Girls is back and it looks really really funny. So excited! Also Masters of Sex with Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan looks like fun. Finally, we have the trailer/teaser of the week- Star Trek Into Darkness. In spite of that ridiculous name, it is one of my most highly anticipated film of 2013 and Cumberbatch's eeie-tastic voice in the teaser has pumped me up even more. Bring it on!

12) Finally, ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce the latest addition to my fake husbands list-
From now on, kindly refer to me as Mrs. Logan Lerman. Thank you.


Okay tata!

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on crossing the 400-film mark Mrs. Lerman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your milestone! If you studied physics with that same passion, you'd be at CERN right now!

    I like the banner, but I have no idea what picture it's from. Help? I still need to choose a holiday movie to review on 12/24 or 12/25, so if that's from a Winona film that's set at xmas, it would be helpful...

    I am interested in Deadfall for exactly the same reasons as you. However, I am completely uninterested in Lone Ranger, Oblivion, or Star Rise of the Trek into the Darkness of the Fallen.

    And the thought that Shyamalan will ever make anything decent again is... I have better odds of taking the bronze in female gymnastics.

    I understand your love of Cumberbatch's face and whatnot, but saying that the voice of God is a white Englishman... are you trying to make people cry? =p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Ew physics.

      Edward Scissorhands! I really loved Arthur Christmas, if you are in the Christmas spirit-y mood.

      Lol, that's a better title for Star Trek 2.

      I know right. We'll see.

      Okay THE voice of God is Morgan Freeman, duh. But Benedict's Cumberbatch's voice is definitely God's gift to womenkind. His face does not even come close.

      Delete
  3. 400 movies ... wow! Congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Mrs. Logan Lerman! :)

    Those news about Romanek/Blanchett and Cinderella movie are so awesome. I heard some rumors about Saoirse Ronan being Cinderella in this. That would be fantastic, though it probably won't happen because it would be a lot like Hanna then :)

    Can't wait for Masters of Sex, I love Michael Sheen so freaking much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke Mrs. Elba/Pace/Dujardin ;-)

      It will be so cool if it happens.

      Michael Cheen is the shizz.

      Delete
  5. Oh, wow, 400 movies, that's amazing, congrats!
    The race this year is quite interesting, no clear winners, with the exception of Hathaway as Supp Actress. I am in love with Supp Actor category, no frontrunners there.
    Oh, I really want to see Stoker soon, but I highly doubt I will :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Yep. I want McConaughey and Miller in Supp. Actor.

      Stoker will take some time to come out, unfortunately.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on 400 movies!

    Loving the Bardem and Perks nominations. I just wish your husband was getting more recognition. :)

    Can't wait for Star Trek Into Darkness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Me toooooo for everything else.

      Delete