Wednesday 22 January 2014

Across the Universe Podcast: Episode 18

Episode 18: Sell Me This Movie

Guess who thought that she had published this post? Exams I tell ya'!!!!!!

Anyways, in this episode, Sofia, Mette and I basically fangirled over Martin Scorsese's newest, The Wolf of Wall Street.

Note: People who a) do not like the sound of my voice, b) do not like Leonardo DiCaprio, c) or aren't really fond of listening to three adult women freak out about Leonardo DiCaprio, this episode *might* not be for you. Everyone else, enjoy!


Content:
0:23- Chick-chatter (and mini-rant. People can forward to the next bit if they don't want to listen)
3:35- Trailer
4:13- Interesting Movie of the Fortnight
20:19- Main discussion on WoWS
1:11:28- Plugs and Goodbyes

Songs:
Smokestack Lightnin' "Howlin' Wolf"
Jimmy Castor "Hey Leroy, Your Mama's Callin' You"
Fiona Apple "Across The Universe"



Follow us at: facebook.com/acrosstheuniversepodcast
Write to us at: acrosstheuniversepodcast@gmail.com
Find us on iTunes: search for Across the Universe Podcast
Download episodes from: Our Dropbox page

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweet niblets, I thought I had commented on this podcast somewhere, but like meeting Tom Hiddleston, this probably happened in one of my dreams (seriously, I've met Tom Hiddleston whilst he was buying a Lotto ticket at my work and also at a horse racecourse so far...)

    Anyways, I listened to this whole thing while I was trying to get to sleep coz I had this unknown illness and well, to your guy's credit, I didn't fall asleep. Because I was too busy excitedly whispering these things in the darkness:
    -"fuck yes"
    -"oh i *know* what you talking about girlfriend!"
    -"hahahahaha *starts crying* why are you so perfect leonardo wilhelm dicaprio"
    -"*continues crying* i only have five years left before i can be margot robbie and be in a martin scorsese movie how will this work"
    -*continues crying* i wanna be martin scorsese"
    -*feels somewhat happier* i wanna hug martin scorsese"

    ...yeah. I'm crazy. This movie has brought out the worst in me.

    And yes, the Lemmons are metaphorical. "When life gives you lemmons, turn it into an Oscar". We need to get busy on those t-shirts, Nikhat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I met Hiddles on Mars and it totes happened. Also, Martin Freeman and I are bezzies.

      Hahahaa, I'm sorry if we're worsening this madness but OMGTHISFILMISSOFUCKINGAMAZING!

      I want to be/hug Martin Scorsese too. Hi5!

      Yes, we do need to make those t-shirts.

      Delete